We are an Anglican church located in Tottenham in the parish church of Christ Church with St Peter West Green.
The parish of Christ Church, West Green was amalgamated with the parish of St Peter, Hornsey in 1977 to form the new parish church of Christ Church with St Peter West Green, which was originally located at the junction of Stanmore Road and Waldeck Road. This church building was demolished shortly afterwards and a new church erected on the site of what was the original church hall in Waldeck Road. On completion, it was dedicated by the then Bishop of Edmonton, the Right Reverend William Westwood, on 4 September 1982.
Our mission is to bring God into the heart of the community, of which we are a part, through example and service and to provide support and pastoral help for all members of the community who are in need. We fulfil our mission in various ways, including:
- Providing a warm welcome to all visitors to the church
- Providing regular information about the church and times of worship, as well as the pastoral support offered by the priest, by regularly leafleting the neighbourhood
- Providing use of the church hall and garden to community groups
- Hosting community events
- Finding ways of co-operating and working with other churches and faith groups
- Encouraging young people
- Maintaining contact with the senior members of the area, the ill, the vulnerable and the housebound
- Responding to requests for help, as well as to emergencies and crises within the community
- Fund raising for Sickle Cell, McMillan Nurses and local appeals
- Contributions to the local night shelters for the homeless by way of provisions and toiletries